TICKER

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Things I'm Grateful for...


God, family, my job, health, friends and beautiful memories! (My aunt Martha came to visit and I had not seen her in years. She lives out of state. It was wonderful.)
I know there are many more things that I am grateful for but that is a start. I have also made a few commitments for myself along this journey, some of which are...more water, posting support, better choices in food I eat and exercise. The biggest challenges are the exercise and posting. Things are crazy at work right now. I wake at 4:15 to get to work by 5:45. Many days I don't get home until 6 or 7 and try to be in bed by 8:30. That doesn't leave much time. I am truly not complaining because I am so grateful for all that I do enjoy.
I love to hear about the 'girl scouts' in your blogs. I was a leader for 5 years. I remember the house filled with wonderful smells and cases upon cases of cookies filling the living room and stacked down the hall! Your comments bring a flood of wonderful memories and adventures that I am blessed with! I can't wait to hear the 'camp stories' this spring/summer!
To wonderful memories...keeping positive...thanks for sharing, Nancy

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

Lol! I must admit that the girls scouts stories remind me over and over that I have NO DAUGHTERS!! ;o) Hope work slows down! No matter how crazy life is.. if you keep your goals in the top of your thoughts, you will continue to make good choices!

Mindy said...

Look at you go mom you're like a pro blogger now! :0) told you it would get adicting. I hear ya on the crazy work stuff. I've started getting up every 2 hours and going for a walk. i try to do a lap around the outside of my building but i do inside if it's to cold. it's aprox 200 cal burn to walk to exterior of my building so i figure if i can do that 3 times a day that's a 600 calorie burn. I know you are swamped but we all have to "pee".. so excuse yourself and take the long way to the bathroom. it's the small things that add up!
PS wait till you see my new jeans!
love you!