TICKER

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My own worst enemy!

Funny thing, just this last week I had a number of people comment on my pants...how loose they are becoming. I had not shared with anyone that I was working on portion size, water intake, little sugar and NO CHOCOLATE! I also had decided that I would not weigh myself but only once a month. I swear I am such a self saboteur because the minute people start commenting I crave both chocolate and wine. I use the excuse at night that 'Stress at Work Makes Me Do It' (eat chocolate and drink wine)but that is just an excuse! I did break down and weigh myself this morning and I actually do show a loss so far. It will probably take until next week to show the destruction I caused myself this week, but weighing myself gave me a huge spurt of not just try but DO! I admire all of you for 'being real' and the support you are giving. Keep up the great work. We know that it is not just a goal but a lifestyle commitment.
Nancy

4 comments:

Moi said...

Dont worry about minor set backs. They are kind of like snow days, yes the are a lot of work to erase what they have done but they are bound to happen. Consistance is the key

Mindy said...

stress at work will never end... you've got to take the small steps to get you where you want to go. I know, i'm just your daughter but i also know what you're experiencing at work. you can do this mom... 1 night of chocolate and wine won't hold you back... it's 7 in a row that will kick your ass!
love you!

M and A said...

a bad week does not mean you will have a bad month! that is great you can cut that out even for a short time! congrats! i LOVE all food! LOL

Karilynn said...

Totally with Mindy on this one. Wine and chocolate once will not be your sabotage but.... giving it up??? Tough call there! ;o) GOOD LUCK and congrats on seeing a smaller number!